The OS X Yosemite v10.10.2 Update is recommended for all OS X Yosemite users.
How to update
- You should back up your Mac before installation. To do this you can use Time Machine.
- Use the Updates pane of the Mac App Store to check for Apple software updates, including this update.
- Avoid powering off your computer or interrupting the installation process once you’ve started installing this update.
Other software updates available for your computer might be listed besides this update. For best results, install all listed updates. Some updates might not appear in the Updates pane until you install other available updates.
You can also download a standalone installer for this update. This is a useful option when you need to update multiple computers, but only want to download the update once. Standalone installers are available from the Apple Support website.
About the update
This update includes the following improvements:
- Resolves an issue that might cause Wi-Fi to disconnect
- Resolves an issue that might cause web pages to load slowly
- Fixes an issue that could cause Spotlight to load remote email content when this preference is disabled in Mail
- Improves audio and video sync when using Bluetooth headphones
- Adds the ability to browse iCloud Drive in Time Machine
- Improves VoiceOver speech performance
- Resolves an issue that could cause VoiceOver to echo characters when entering text on a web page
- Addresses an issue that could cause the input method to switch languages unexpectedly
- Improves stability and security in Safari
For enterprise customers, this update:
- Improves performance for browsing DFS shares in the Finder
- Fixes an issue where certain Calendar invitations could be displayed at the incorrect time
- Fixes an issue for Microsoft Exchange accounts where the organizer of a meeting might not be notified when someone accepts an invitation using Calendar
- Addresses an issue where Safari could continually prompt for credentials when accessing a site protected by NTLM authentication
- Adds the ability to set “Out of Office” reply dates for Microsoft Exchange accounts in Mail
- For detailed information about the security content of this update.
The size of an update listed in the Updates pane of the Mac App Store can vary between computers, depending on the computer’s model and software you have already installed.
Mac Service Dallas
2629 N Stemmons Fwy
Dallas, TX 75207
Phone: (469) 666-0837
Hours: 10:00 am — 7:00 pm (Monday – Sunday)